Collecting data on the number of people in a specific area of the town, has often been difficult. With the need to collect robust data, many local governments have utilised, modified CCTV cameras to collect data on specific location points, or monitor the Wi-Fi signals from mobile phone using nodes strategically placed in key areas.
Both camera and Wi-fi count data has merits, and as point of reference we ourselves use the physical data from cameras to calibrate our solution.
There are advantages however, to collecting all the count data available, and not just points within a town centre.
- Know how many people are in an allocated area of town; segment the high street into top/mid/lower
- Give greater understanding to how many shoppers and local workers are currently in the open areas and those inside the retailers stores.
- Understand the impact of weather on how the high street is shopped
- Understand how areas change over time. For example what impact on that part of town has a large format store had when closed, or a new retailer opened.
- Understand the night-time economy, after all the data available is 24/7 and to a greater or lesser degree can be backdated to up-to a year
- Understand what activates deliver the most visitors to the town centre or out of town shopping areas
- Report count data sets to help provide investment, both local and central government
With the ability to segment and compare high street shopper occupancy’s by time of day and days of the week, the Tufuta footfall occupancy solution delivers actionable information sets using both the current and historic trends.
We deliver the ability to make informed decisions backed by highly accurate and insightful data.
By providing footfall information sets at key influential areas of your town centres, not single points of measurement; we show how the areas are utilised over the days/weeks/months & years. Giving you the tools to rationalise priorities, plan and evaluate works, marketing activities and space allocation.