Collecting data on the number of people inside a store or portfolio of stores has been carried out for decades, however only very recently has the accuracy level of the camera solutions available been able to generate that the key metric of occupancy. Footfall historically refers to the number of people entering an area(s) of interest, however many solutions do not report the in’s or the outs together accurately enough to understand occupancy of the store; or in short how busy are you?
With the need to collect robust data, many retailers have cameras to collect shopper numbers entry and some additionally at specific location points within. Camera solutions at individual stores have high merit, and as point of reference we ourselves use the physical data from cameras to calibrate our solution. However to install at your entire portfolio can be at high cost, but when the data is used correctly, it has proven time and time again to return the investment 100 fold plus.
There are advantages however, to collecting all the count data available, and not just points within your own store portfolio, but also from locations that you want to invest in for example:
- Know how many people are in an allocated area or geographical location you would like to expand your business into.
- Give greater understanding to how many shoppers are currently in the open areas around your stores, understand your opportunity to draw people in.
- Understand the impact of weather and economic trends within the predictive element.
- Understand how areas and locations change over time. For example what impact is there when a competitor's store closes, or a new one opens.
- Understand what marketing activates deliver the highest density of shoppers
- Understand market forces and how it impacts on your competitors
- Understand what marketing activities are driving customers into your competitors stores
With the ability to segment and compare shopping venue occupancy’s by time of day and days of the week, the Tufuta footfall occupancy solution delivers actionable information sets that can give your brand the edge.
We deliver the ability to make informed decisions backed by highly accurate and insightful data.
By providing footfall information sets at key influential areas of your town centres, not single points of measurement; we show how the areas are utilised over the days/weeks/months & years. Giving you the tools to rationalise priorities, plan and evaluate works, marketing activities and space allocation.